Understanding PFAS Forever Chemicals is important for protecting your family’s health and well-being. As a local water filtration business serving Port St. Lucie, these are issues close to our hearts at Eastern Water and Health.
Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are a group of man-made chemicals that have been widely used in consumer products and industrial processes since the 1940s. They are referred to as “forever chemicals” because they:
- Do not break down easily in the environment or our bodies
- Have been found at low levels both globally and in the local area
- Can accumulate over time, raising health concerns
Some key facts about PFAS chemicals:
- Associated with various illnesses, including thyroid disease and testicular/kidney cancer
- Can interfere with hormones and development
- Found in water sources near former military bases and industrial areas
- Municipal water filters do not remove all PFAS types
As a local family, your priority is protecting loved ones from potential risks. This guide will help you understand:
- Common sources and signs of PFAS in your water supply
- Effective treatment solutions tailored for your home or business
- Steps to limit future exposure in your community
Let’s get started on gaining valuable insights into these important issues. Please feel free to contact us with any other questions.